This is a fairly common butterfly that has been recorded nearly throughout west Africa. While essentially a butterfly of the guinea and Sudan savannahs, during the dry season it makes it’s way right down the coast. When found in Lekki Conservation Centre, they are found in the open grassland and not extending to the swamp.
- Cymothoe beckeri (Becker’s Creamy Yellow Glider)
- Wildlife Quiz for the Month
- Wildlife Species of the Week
- Papilio menestheus (Western Emperor Swallowtail)
- Papilio dardanus (Flying Handkerchief)