BACKGROUND AND INFORMATION
The Wildlife Art Competition (WAC) is a biannual arts competition organized by the Wildlife of Africa Conservation Initiative (WACI) to promote conservation values, environmental and resource management within and around the community.
The WAC theme for the 2021 edition is “Art, A Vital Tool to Advance the Protection and Conservation of Wildlife and Biodiversity“!
The WAC promises to feature various talents in such diverse mediums as painting, essay, photography, video Art.
The virtual event is aimed at promoting biodiversity efforts whilst helping to raise a generation knowledgeable and motivated to take positive actions on behalf of the wildlife and habitats.
Participants are required to submit an artistic creation geared towards wildlife conservation for one of the following categories: photography, painting, essay or video art for consideration. After reviewing all entries, four (4) finalists from each category will qualify to compete for the grand prize. The winner will be decided by voting from the public.
Entries will be evaluated by an independent body made up of artists, environmentalists, and wildlife professionals based on how each work contributes to the protection and conservation of biodiversity.
- Registration 28th June 2021.
- Submission deadline 31st August 2021 at 11:59 pm WAT.
- Announcement of WAC 2021 winner, 1st, 2nd & 3rd runners up 8th September 2021.
The winner will receive a cash gift of ₦50,000.00. The 1st and 2nd runners up get ₦35,000.00 and ₦25,000.00 cash prize respectively.
- Adults, children and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All entries shall be submitted electronically.
- All submissions shall be sent in their original form, in electronic format (.pdf, png, .jpg, or .doc).
- Only contestants with outstanding artwork for each category will be selected for the final stage.
WACI reserves the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify any entry or participant, or to waive any rules in the event of circumstance arising outside its control which in their opinion, makes it desirable to cancel the competition at any stage. On all matters, the decision of WACI shall be final.
NOTE: ALL participants are expected to sign the “Artwork Release Form”. Failure to do so amounts to automatic disqualification.
For Ad booking, questions & inquiries, please, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08179453243.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY